Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Two weeks to go
Less than 2 weeks to take off for the Alaska adventure.
I made the last of the reservations we will make before getting
to an area. We have the Alaska Toursaver which has some half price
tickets.
I just booked a flightseeing summit tour for Denali- Mt McKinley.
Also at Denali Park, a "Cabin night" dinner theater,
and a 6 hour Tundra Wilderness Tour into Denali park.
Only shuttle buses with approved operators are allowed into Denali.
This tour will take us 53 miles into the park.
It is a "glorified" school bus operated by the National Park.
I hope the 12X digital zoom that I just learned how to use will bring
the animals into view to be photographed.
Bought another memory stick and batteries for the digital camera
to take on these long tours and cruises. I may be too busy to download them regularly... and then there is finding workable internet and such.
12 days to go...
I made the last of the reservations we will make before getting
to an area. We have the Alaska Toursaver which has some half price
tickets.
I just booked a flightseeing summit tour for Denali- Mt McKinley.
Also at Denali Park, a "Cabin night" dinner theater,
and a 6 hour Tundra Wilderness Tour into Denali park.
Only shuttle buses with approved operators are allowed into Denali.
This tour will take us 53 miles into the park.
It is a "glorified" school bus operated by the National Park.
I hope the 12X digital zoom that I just learned how to use will bring
the animals into view to be photographed.
Bought another memory stick and batteries for the digital camera
to take on these long tours and cruises. I may be too busy to download them regularly... and then there is finding workable internet and such.
12 days to go...