Monday, January 17, 2005

Exercising Genny

Our Onan Quiet Diesel generator is a wonder. It can supply us with 50 amps of electrical power and hardly be heard. We use it for several things.

We use it when we are driving and it is very hot and humid.
We use it to charge our 4 AGM batteries, if we have been boondocking and using the inverter and are not going to be having electrical power from hookups to recharge.

One thing "Genny" needs is to be exercised!

The manual tell us to run it fully loaded for 2 hours, monthly. I do this by running the two air conditioners.

Well, I "should have" exercised it last week, when the temperature was 85 degrees in FL! Even in Orlando area today, the temperatue is forcasted to be in the 60s.

I guess Genny may wait a few days until that cool air can be appreciated.

Our Diesel Generator

Comments:
Thanks for the Exercising Genny info. We run our generator every couple of months, but I don't think we had a "load" on it. I need to mention that to hubby.

Margie in TN
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?